Saturday 1 September 2012

Relax Max

Port Melbourne, Australia
August was a busy month.  This week I finally finished a project I’ve been working really hard on, so by Friday night I was ready to celebrate!  I rocked up at a friend’s birthday a little disappointed that I couldn’t have a celebratory champagne.  Instead I drank flavoured soda water all night (I’m really living on the edge!) and in the end I was actually glad I couldn't drink because not only did I have an amazing night dancing and chatting to friends, but I woke this morning feeling fresh as a daisy!

In low doses (one or two drinks) alcohol may have effects that are associated with relaxation, but by not drinking I managed to feel relaxed Friday night through to Saturday and the effects will last all weekend.  Any time I surpass a desire to drink because of my year without it I have such a good time and wake the next morning feeling so amazing that I wonder what all the hype over drinking is about.  To all those who have said they couldn't do a year without alcohol (a surprising 90% of people I've spoken to) I have to tell you:  Life is just as good, if not better without it!

I've come across a whole community of alcohol abstainers called Hello Sunday Morning.  Started up by a guy  in his yearly 20's called Chris Raine the site is home to thousands of supporters and members who blog about their experiences with sobriety during stints of 3/6 months or 1 year off alcohol.  It's nothing short of amazing!  Social media is not my forte, but thankfully the 20 somethings have it all under control!  Check out the website: http://hellosundaymorning.com.au/about/

If you would like to support the cause you can recommend this page below or donate at this link:
 http://www.everydayhero.com.au/sarah_walton_6

No comments:

Post a Comment